Protect valuable information assets and keep downtime to a minimum
Our BCS device is a comprehensive Backup and Disaster Recovery (BDR) solution for Windows 2000 and Windows 2003 servers. This reasonably priced, all-encompassing solution for small-to-midsize businesses provides:
- Very frequent backups (as frequent as every 15 minutes) with an onsite BCS Device
- Optional off-site data storage at highly rated data centers
- Ability to virtualize and have working server within two hours of any server failure!
- Advanced restoration options (file- and folder-levels) with Exchange message and mailbox recovery
- Bare-metal restorations to dissimilar hardware
- Low cost
BCS vs. Tape
Though tape backup is common, it’s far from being an ideal BDR solution. Analysts have said that over half of tape backups fail, so chances are that if you need to restore from tape, you’ll be out of luck. But assuming all goes well with tape backup, how does it compare with the BCS appliance?
What happens if my server crashes?
Let’s look at how our solution keeps your business running if, for instance, an e-mail server goes down.
Because the BCS device takes snapshots every 15 minutes, administrators can choose a point in time shortly before the problem occurred and with just a few clicks of the mouse, this appliance allows you to activate it as a virtual server to keep business processes up and running while we diagnose the problem and plan a course of action for the down email server.
In addition to the ability to virtualize your server and have you running quickly, we can use the system to restore your system to a dissimilar replacement server when needed. Through a process called Hardware Independent Restore the entire functionality and “personality” of your server can be restored to a new server of your choosing.
Recovery after a catastrophe
In the event of a site-wide failure or catastrophe such as fire or vandalism in which all systems are not functional or available, we can ship a replacement BCS system with your most current images (typically the previous night) to a location you specify, Vis overnight shipment.
We can then virtualize all servers protected by the BCS and have you operational the next day.
There is an additional charge for this service, but it is a flat fee contracted at implementation of your particular BCS model.
Offsite storage facility
The storage facilities are two XO high-availability data centers in Phoenix and Baltimore. They provide:
- Backup images stored at the data centers on a Storage Area Network (SAN) at the primary facility, then replicated to the secondary facility
- Connectivity provided by multiple providers with automatic failover capabilities
- Two fiber optic network drops for our backbone
- Full physical security at each facility including security cameras and key card access
- Network is secured with high-end redundant, automatic failover firewalls
- Fire suppression and environmental control provided
- Automatic backup power provided with onsite generators
Don’t be a statistic.
Contact Rose Computers for an in-depth analysis of your disaster preparedness.